Upcoming Training and Events
Navigating Diversity and Inclusivity in a Predominantly Male Environment.
May 25, 2017
Tech Company, Boulder, CO.
Using humor and research, we explore the male/female/minority cultures from all sides and discuss tools and skills to successfully embrace diversity and inclusivity in the work place. David Hekman, Julie Hekman, Madeleine Pollak.
The Art of the Video Interview
June 1, 2017
at Boulder Digital Arts
Compelling interviews are essential to good story telling in video, documentary and TV. However, getting an informative, dynamic, and emotionally connected interview is often much more difficult than you’d expect. Lights, cameras, nerves, difficult subject matter, self consciousness and fear often make people freeze up, close down, and give bad interviews. In this interactive 3-hour course, you will learn how to create an environment that is comfortable for you and your interviewee, how to prepare yourself for the interview, how to prepare your interviewee for the interview and how to conduct an interview that draws out the kind of emotion and information that works for your project. We’ll also explore the balancing act of what you want out of your interviewee versus where the interview can go naturally, and how to get responses that are easier to edit into a story.
“Madeline is a gifted speaker and highly talented in her field. I am creating testimonial videos for my startup company, and Madeline’s recommendations and experience are invaluable. I’d recommend this class to anyone!”~ Beth Marvel // Agile-Strategies.com
- Amplification and Beyond with David Hekman and Julie Imig: Understanding Diversity and Inclusivity in a Predominantly Male Environment. Tools, Skills and Humor Served.
Presentation/breakout session at the WILD 2017 (Women in Leadership Development) Conference in Westminster, CO
- Leeds Scholar Program Women’s Council, Leeds School of Business
On panel to inspire current Leeds School of Business students, Colorado University, Boulder. Presented November 11, 2016.
- Women’s Entreprenuriship Prize: Mentorship Night at Gavanize space in Boulder
Panelist taking to budding entrepreneurs on January 28, 2016
- The Art of the Interview, Boulder Digital Arts
Compelling interviews are essential to good story telling in video, documentary and TV. However, getting an informative, dynamic, and emotionally connected interview is often much more difficult than you’d expect. Lights, cameras, nerves, difficult subject matter, self consciousness and fear often make people freeze up, close down, and give bad interviews. In this interactive 3-hour course, you will learn how to create an environment that is comfortable for you and your interviewee, how to prepare yourself for the interview, how to prepare your interviewee for the interview and how to conduct an interview that draws out the kind of emotion and information that works for your project. We’ll also explore the balancing act of what you want out of your interviewee versus where the interview can go naturally, and how to get responses that are easier to edit into a story.“Madeline is a gifted speaker and highly talented in her field. I am creating testimonial videos for my startup company, and Madeline’s recommendations and experience are invaluable. I’d recommend this class to anyone!”~ Beth Marvel // Agile-Strategies.com
Presented on January 13, 2016
- Influential Executive Presence, Interviewing and Pitch Coaching Skills for Finance Majors
Presentation to the CU Leeds School of Business on November 3, 2015 at the University of Colorado in Boulder, Colorado
- TedX Boulder, Presentation by Brian Coppom, Executive Director of the Boulder County Farmer’s Market
Brian is a presentation coaching client of Pollak Productions. His speech occurred September 19, 2015 at the CU Campus’ Mackey Auditorium.
- Develop Influential Executive Presence and Presentation Skills: Inspire, Motivate and Connect with Any Audience
Learn from two experts how to: communicate with confidence, express yourself with ease, present your ideas, and empower yourself to make an impact, from the first moment you enter a room.In one entertaining and interactive hour, gain tools that will help you in any business situation to show up at your very best.Presented on September 15, 2015 to Longs Peak Networking
- Denver Startup Week: “Entrepreneurship, Technology & Media: How To Tell Your Story And Engage Through Video”
Video is everywhere, and content marketing is all the rage. From Kickstarter and TechStars to YouTube and Facebook to AOL and Yahoo! to your own company website, video is the number one driver of engagement across digital platforms and portals. It is an increasingly critical component of every new and existing business in order to stay relevant in today’s media landscape. Whether you have a product to sell or a service to explain, video educates, informs, inspires, and engages – and it’s fun! From B2B to B2C to C-Suite, video has the power to reach your target audience, whether it is a pitch presentation, social media outreach, a digital marketing campaign, or simply an About/Demo video for your company website.We will talk with industry experts and share best practices on how to creatively tell a good story that ignites the interest of prospective investors, strategic partners, and consumers.
Panelists: Benjamin Jones, Image Brew, Director, Founder & CEO; Madeleine Pollak, Pollak Productions, Executive Producer, Writer, & Director; Erika, Trautman, Rapt Media, CEO & Founder
Moderator: Michael Haskins, Haskins Law Group, Managing Attorney; C.I.N.E.M.A, President; Actor/Producer
Presented: September 18, 2014 at Rally Software – LoDo 1550 Wynkoop Street
- AIPLA’s Worldwide World IP Day Celebrations World IP Day (April 26) was launched in the year 2000 by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) to promote and protect creative ideas, including music, art, trademarks, writings and inventions. AIPLA, working with local IP law associations, Chambers of Commerce, cities, and law schools, celebrated World IP nationally, and internationally, in a grand fashion.For 2014, the theme for the event is “Movies: A Global Passion”. This year, the theme looks “behind the scenes” to find out how IP rights shape the filmmaker’s journey from script to screen, how film producers attract investors, how screenwriters and actors earn a living, and how innovation is pushing the frontiers of creativity in the industry. We are working with the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA), WIPO and the US Patent and Trademark Office on this event.Nationwide programs:APRIL 23, 2014 – Boulder, CO: Boulder celebrates World IP Day with a Keynote presentation from Donald Zuckerman, Colorado Film Commissioner and will be followed by presentation from other insiders in film and film technology. Hear about Technology in the Cinema from Gary Sharp, CTO of RealD; Encouraging Innovation from Bob Oberleitner, Assistant Deputy Commissioner for Patents, USPTO; and Film’s Brave New World from Emmy Award winning producer/writer/director Madeleine Pollak, and Steven Hoggard, Documentary Filmmaker, and more!
- Video Secret Sauce: Tips for Being Your Best on Screen
Let’s get serious about video. We’ve all seen the impacts You Tube and quality video content can have. It’s a compelling area that can give you, your company, and a brand a boost in credibility and profile. It’s truly a powerful medium, but where and when do you start? Fortunately, we have an Emmy Award winning Director and Producer, Madeleine Pollak (the Executive Producer of Pollak Productions), to help guide the way. She’ll take us into the heart of video production. Among other things, come ready to hear insights on the ins-and-outs of being on camera, how to nail an interview, and just as important…determine if you are actually positioned right to take advantage of this digital resource. We can’t wait to hear her insights on the industry, life stories, and hear some seriously practical details on how to look your best on camera.
Presented: March 26, 2014 at SCRIB Co-working Space, Boulder, CO
Hosted By: SHE SAYS – The only global creative network for women
- On Camera Media Workshop
Presented: Friday, December 20, 2013 at 450 East 17th Avenue, Denver, Colorado
Sponsor: Campaign for A Strong Colorado
Presentation in Conjunction with ARTiculate Real and Clear
- Getting Ready for your Close-up: How to Prepare & Perform for the Video Camera
Everyone is saying you need video for your website, but where and when do you start? Are you at the point where making a video is the next practical step?
Presented: October 29, 2013 at Bacaro Taverna, Boulder, CO
Hosted by: StartUP Women
- How to Make an Interview Click
Madeleine Pollak is a TV and video producer, writer, and director who has interviewed and coached hundreds of people both on camera and off & Peter Roessmann is a journalist and public relations specialist who has interviewed numerous job candidates as well as conducted many interviews for publications. On the other side of the interview lens, Peter has appeared extensively on camera and radio. Peter and Madeleine’s presentation is focused on giving you experience and coaching with the interviewing process, including: how to prepare for your interview, making yourself comfortable at an interview, how to enter the room, how to cope with difficult questions, how to take control, and most importantly, how to connect with your interviewee.
Presented: Tuesday, May 13th, 2014 at& Lifebridge Church, Longmont, CO
Sponsored by: LongPeakNet, Longmont, CO
- How to Make Your Interview Click
Presented: Thursday, May 1, 2014
Sponsor: BoulderNet Meetup